hard to figure out how to spell animals names? One way to figure
out how to spell the words correctly is by the Internet. Spelling
is an important skill for children to learn, process and
|Have you ever had a question about an animal, but you did not know the answer? Check out Kids Go Wild to find out the answer. Come along to see where animals live, what animals eat and how long they live. Seeing is believing.|
tall is a Giraffe?
How long is a Giraffe's neck?
Find out these anwers by looking at Kbears.
always want to know
more and more about animals. Have you ever had a hard time
finding animal information? Try reading about animals from Zoobooks.
Students, today we are going to pretend we are going on a Safari in Africa. We might see, elephants, giraffes, hippos or all three. We might see the animals eating, traveling in packs or feeding their young. As we travel through the jungles and deserts you will need to identify each wild animal. Remember, bring your cameras because today is going to a memorable day.
to Complete Real World
1. Today we will go through the jungles looking for wild animals.
2. Once you find the animals and their names, match the animals with their names.
3. Next, identify the animals, then assemble the letters correctly to form the names of the animals.
4. Take the paper and divide it into 4 sections.
5. Think about all of the animals they saw during the safari.
6. Draw your own jungle or desert using the animals they saw.
7. Finally, share your drawings with the class.
A. Have you ever wondered about sending away for an animal from the zoo? What kind of animal would you choose and why? Come and find out what is at the zoo at Zookid. Link that introduces your topic information and has a connection with your literature book.
|B. List your 4 questions
of understanding that you are going to ask your students while reading
the book to them. ( These are some 4 questions of understanding in your
1. How many animals are in the book?
2. What did the animals get sent in by the zoo?
3. What was the first animal sent from the zoo?
4. What was the last animal sent by the zoo and is it a zoo animal?
|List your 2 critical thinking
questions that goes with your book.( these to 2 questions in your
1. What are the ways to send the animals back to the zoo?
2. If you were the author of this book, what animals would you send from the zoo?
Whitney's Home Page
VSU Students Topic Pages
Topic Mini-Research Lesson Plan
Topic Literature Lesson Plan