you know that trees change along with the seasons? Visit The Wonderful
World of Trees to learn about what changes trees go through and
what happens to the leaves during each season.
you know what causes the seasons? Is it because Earth gets closer to
and father away from the Sun? Visit Science
U to find out! Also, make sure you look at the diagrams to help in
the Earth orbiting around the Sun have to do with the change we call
the seasons? Click here
to watch the Earth orbiting around the Sun changing positions
as the seasons change.
do leaves change their color during the Fall? Visit Science Made
Simple for an explanation and a diagram.
Mini-Research Real-World Activity
Now that you are an expert on the weather conditions of each season and how trees are affected, pretend you are a farmer in your hometown. Your grandchildren are coming over to see what kind of trees you have planted. They are going to ask questions about what happens to the trees during the different seasons. You may want to refresh your memory about what happens to the trees by looking at The Wonderful World of Trees.
Steps for Real-World Activity
1. Review The Wonderful World of Trees to refresh your memory of what
happens to the trees during each season.
2. Begin thinking about your favorite season as you look over the website.
3. On a piece of white paper, draw a tree during your favorite season. Be sure to add color to your picture so that your favorite season is clear.
4. When you are finished with your picture, write a short sentence about your favorite season.
Topic Literature ActivityA. Learn all about scarecrows and what they are used for.
Using Critical Thinking Questions
B. Critical Thinking Questions
1. What would you have done if you were the little old lady?
2. What could be another title for this book?