| We all know about
money but when you are shopping with mom, do you ever wonder how much
money she is spending? You see a toy that you like but you do not
know if you have enough money. Does money grow on trees? For the answer
to these questions visit the sites below.
||Reach into your pocket,
what coins do you have? If you would like to see pictures
of coins, click here.
||The teddybear cost 35
cents, do you have enough money to buy the toy? Visit the website
money to find out how much each coin is worth.
||Would you like to know when the first coins were made? Then click here.|
||Suppose you have 5
dimes, how much money do you have? Let's practice
||Some interesting facts
about the U.S. coins can be found on this website.
||On this site you
will find some fun activities about coins?
You've waited all year long and now the time has come. It's time to go shopping at the school store!! You've brought all the money you got in the whole world. There are some many things to choose from. You want to make sure you have enough money to buy mom , dad and brother something. What will you buy first? Will you have enough money to buy everything you want?
1. First we well tour the school store so you can get some idea about the items you want to buy.
2. Before we began, write down the amount of money you have on your notebook paper. Ok guys, with the items you want to buy in site, let's go shopping.
3. To guide you through your quest use the site Counting money. As you pick out a toy look at the price then try to figure out if you have enough money. It's okay to ask teacher for a little help.
4. Now you've gotten everyone in your family a special gift, go to the check out counter to see how well you counted your money. If there's any money left, Hay! why not treat yourself for doing a really good job.
5. Now look into your wallet or purse, do you have any money left? On your paper add up the total of your gifts that you brought. Subtract the amount of money you have left from the amount of money you started with to see how much money you actually spent at the store. How do you do?