|What is your favorite plant?
Click here to learn all about different types of plants!
you know that there are more than 400,000 different types of plants
growing in the world??
Find out more fun facts about plants by clicking here!
|Do you like learning about
Find out about all kinds of fun bugs by clicking on Koday's Kids Amazing Insects!
|Do you dislike when little bugs
get into your house? I know I do!
Learn all about different kinds of pests and how to prevent them by clicking here!
|Plants and Bugs Real-World
Get ready to put on your thinking caps, kids! You are about to become research scientists. In Miss Sarah's activity, you will be learning all about your favorite bug! You will look at each of the bug links, decide what you like best about your favorite bug, learn some of its characteristics and why!
|Steps for Plants and Bugs
1. Explore Koday's Kids Amazing Insects! website. Pick a couple bugs from the list that are your favorite.
2. Once you have looked at your favorites, write some notes down about what kind of bugs you like, and why you like them.
3. Narrow down your choices to one bug.
4. Explain why you liked that certain bug, and describe some of its characteristics.
5. With the sheet of paper given to you, draw a sketch of your bug in pencil.
6. Think about some of the characteristics of your favorite bugs. What did you like about that bug?
7. Write the name of your bug on the top of the page.
8. List two fun facts about your bug next to your sketch of the bug.
9. Once you have sketched your bug, color it in with color pencils, crayons, or markers.
10. Share with the class what you have created, and why you chose to create the bug you did!
Plants and Bugs Literature Activity
Using Critical Thinking Questions
1. What do you think would be some healthy foods for you to eat if you were the caterpillar, and you were about to become the beautiful butterfly?
2. Why do you think it is important for a caterpillar to eat before it goes into its chrysalis?
Sarah's Home Page