four different seasons we experience each year. They are winter,
spring, summer, and fall. Today we are going to learn about the
fall season, which is also called autumn. First we want to know
the definition of
fall and learn about all the changes that occur during this season.
ever noticed that the leaves change colors in the fall? Let's
the colors change and what
colors they change to.
|Day Light Savings
Time occurs twice a
year. Once in the fall and once in the spring. In the fall
we turn our clocks back and hour and in the spring we turn them forward
an hour. To learn more check out this website.
fall season can be a lot of fun. Check
out this website to learn new recipes, crafts, games, and coloring
pages that can help you enjoy the fall.
website contains several different fall craft ideas
and decorations. Use these creative ideas to help you have fun
during this season.
this website and learn about the different types of food
that are produced in the fall season. There are many different
food we like to eat that are produced during this time of year.
are many different annual events that we recognize each year. In
October we celebrate Halloween.
To learn more about this special day check out this website.
a look at this website to learn about the explorer, Christopher
Columbus. And learn why we celebrate Columbus Day each year
on the 2nd Monday in October.
|Thanksgiving is a
holiday that we celebrate in November. This website will show you
the history of this holiday and explain why we celebrate it.
Learn what we do each year as part of our Thanksgiving celebration.
We have looked several different websites that have increased our understanding of the fall season. Now we are going to imagine that you are the teacher in the classroom. As the teacher you job will be to teach your students about the fall leaves. You should draw a picture of the trees and the leaves in the fall. Be sure to add the fall colors so your students will see a difference in the color of the leaves in the fall and other seasons. Also add that the leaves fall from the trees in this season. Be creative as you create a picture of fall for your students so they will learn that fall is FUN!
1. You will explore the different websites listed above that provide information about the fall season.
2. Then we will review this season and discuss all the changes that occur during this time of year and the different events that are recognized.
3. Next you will think to yourself about what the trees and leaves look like in the fall. Use this website about fall leaves to help you.
4. Then you will create a drawing of the fall season including the leaves falling and changing colors.
5. You will pretend you are the teacher and you will use your picture of fall to show the students the changes that occur during this season.
6. Then you will explain your drawing to me as if I were the student.
7. Once you have completed your activity we will display the drawings and share with other students what makes fall FUN!
Kovach's Home Page
VSU TopicQuest Websites
TopicQuest Lesson Plan