- Computer Science Outreach
- Novice Programming Languages
- Reconfigurable Computing
- Distributed algorithms
- Network Switch Scheduling
Peer Reviewed Publications:
- M. Wang, G. Mao, K. Roy, and D. Drummond, “K-Means Clustering Using Mahalanobis Distance”, in Proceedings of 2014 Southeastern INFORMS Conference, October 2014.
- K. Roy, W. C. Rousse, and D. B. DeMerritt, “Comparing the Mobile Novice Programming Environments: App Inventor for Android Vs. GameSalad,” in Proceedings of 42nd IEEE Frontiers in Education Conference, October 2012.
- A.Wang and K. Roy, “On the Fairness of the Georgia Official Spelling Bee Rules,” in Proceedings of 2012 Southeastern INFORMS Conference, October 2012.
- S. Chakraborty and K. Roy, “An SLA-based Framework for Estimating Trustworthiness of a Cloud,” in Proceedings of The 4th IEEE International Symposium on UbiSafe Computing (UbiSafe-12), Liverpool, UK, June 25-27, 2012.
- K. Roy. “App Inventor for Android – Report from a Summer Camp,” in Proceeding of the 42nd SIGCSE Technical Symposium on Computer Science Education, February 2012.
- K. Roy, R. Vaidyanathan, and J. L. Trahan, "Input-Queued Switches with Logarithmic Delay: Necessary Conditions and a Reconfigurable Scheduling Algorithm," in Proceedings of ACM/IEEE Symposium on Architectures for Networking and Communications Systems (ANCS - 2008), San Jose, USA, Nov-2008.
- K. Roy, R. Vaidyanathan, and J. L. Trahan, "Routing Multiple Width Communications on the Circuit Switched Tree," in International Journal of Foundations of Computer Science (IJFCS), vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 271-285, 2006.
- K. Roy, R. Vaidyanathan, and J. L. Trahan, "Configuring the Circuit Switched Tree for Multiple Width Communications," in Proceedings of Workshop on Advances in Parallel and Distributed Computational Models (APDCM 2005), Denver, USA, April-2005.
- K. Roy, J. L. Trahan, and R. Vaidyanathan, "Configuring the Circuit Switched Tree for Point-to-Point and Multicast Communication," in Proceedings of the IASTED Conference on Parallel and Distributed Computing and Systems (PDCS 2004), Cambridge, USA, Nov-2004.
- S. Dhar, K. Roy, and R. Kannan, "NEC: Node Energy Based Clustering Protocol for Wireless Sensor Networks with Guaranteed Connectivity," in Proceedings of 1st International Conference on Distributed Computing & Internet Technology (ICDCIT 2004), Lecture Notes in Computer Science Vol. 3347, pp. 75-84, December 2004.