Topic Quest Introduction
We're going to be learning about Thanksgiving today! How much do you know about Thanksgiving? What kind of foods does your family eat on Thanksgiving? Have you ever heard about the first Thanksgiving almost four hundred years ago? We're going to be learning about that today! Have you learned about the Pilgrims and Indians' first Thanksgiving yet? Today we're going to be learning about the first Thanksgiving and the Pilgrims. Are you ready to begin? Do you know how the Pilgrims dressed and what kind of foods they ate at the first Thanksgiving?
|1. Have you ever heard about the first Thanksgiving? Do you know when and where the first Thanksgiving between the Indians and the Pilgrims took place? Would you like to learn more about the first Thanksgiving? Click on Thanksgiving, the one underlined!|
||2. Have you ever wondered how the pilgrims and Indians lived four hundred years ago? Do you know what kind of clothes they wore? To find out more, click on pilgrims! Would you like to wear clothes like these?|
do you like to eat on Thanksgiving? Did you know that the Pilgrims and
Indians did not have a lot of foods
we eat today at the first Thanksgiving? Can you believe that they did
not have the ingredients to make pumpkin pie way back then?
|4. Do you know the name of the ship used by the Pilgrims to come to the New World? Would you like to find out more? Do you know how long the Pilgrims' trip on the Atlantic Ocean took before they finally arrived? Click on the picture this time!|
5. Have you ever heard about the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade? Every year it is one of the largest parades in the world, with hundreds of thousands of people attending the event. Find out more about the parade by clicking on the area above highlighted in blue.
you know where the Pilgrims landed when they finally arrived in
the New World? It's a town in the state of Massachusetts called Plymouth Rock.
Could you find it on the map?
much do you know about turkeys? Do you know how many years old a turkey
can live to? Have you ever wondered what a turkey
eats? If you have ever asked yourself these questions, gobble on over
to the web site, an online encyclopedia..
you like to play some cool games about
Thanksgiving? Would it be fun to pretend you were a turkey for awhile?
It would? Then gobble, gobble, chirp, chirp!
like to read about what the expert Earl
said about the first Thanksgiving? Earl is an expert on everything! Do
you know anyone like that, besides me, I mean, Just kidding!
|10. Would you like to take a quiz to test your knowledge about Thanksgiving facts? Some of these questions are really hard, even for your parents. So remember it's all about learning! Click on quiz!|
The Pilgrims are worried that people are forgetting about them more and more as time goes by. A messenger Pilgrim has been sent from the past to ask you to tell about their ways and how they used to celebrate Thanksgiving. The Pilgrims want you to show everyone in Valdosta, Georgia how they dressed. The Pilgrims also want you to tell Valdosta about the types of food that they ate on the first Thanksgiving. Pretend that you are a reporter for the Valdosta paper.
1. Click on Clothes to see how the Pilgrims and Indians dressed at the first Thanksgiving.
2. Draw and color a picture of you dressed up as a Pilgrim at the first Thanksgiving.
3. Click on foods to see if the food you want to draw and color was included in the first Thanksgiving.
4. Draw a small picture of the food. It's okay to ask Mr. Stone for help to figure out if the Pilgrims ate the type of food that you have in mind. The Pilgrims thank you very much for passing on their
traditions and ways. Great job, reporters!!
5. Tell me what you want to write in your article about the Pilgrims' first Thanksgiving and I will write it for you, since you are a busy reporter!
Lesson Plan for Teachers
Kevin's Class Page
Vsu TopicQuest Pages