you know that Fall and Autumn are the same thing? When does Autumn
start? When does Autumn end? Use this encyclopedia
to find out how many months Autumn is.
do the leaves
change color when the season changes from summer to
fall? Here is a video
to watch on how the leaves change colors.
autumn, some animals gather food to get ready for winter.
What is one animal that gathers food? Here is some frequently asked questions about squirrels. Use this website to make a pine cone squirrel.
is a major Holiday that takes place during autumn. Why has the turkey
became a symbol for Thanksgiving? Learn how to make a turkey
|Autumn is the season change, for
both trees and weather. Why does it get colder in Autumn? When is the first
day of Autumn? Does both the Northern and Southern Hemispheres have
the same season at the same time?
Now that we are done learning about why and how leaves change colors, we are going to get out of student thinking caps and put on detective hats and glasses. We are going to go outside and gather a bunch of leaves. When we come back into the classroom you are going to pick three leaves that you found outside that you want to trace on to paper, color and then paste the real leaf next to it. Once the whole class is finished we are going to make an "Autumn 2005 Leaf Scrapbook".
1. With your teacher, visit the why leaves change color website to learn why leaves change color and then watch the video to see the leaves change right before your eyes.
2. After exploring the website and watching the video listen to your teacher summarize what you have just learned about leaving changing. If you have any questions just ask. Try to answer any questions your teacher may ask.
3. As a class we will go outside and gather autumn leaves that have already fallen of the trees. Put the leaves a plastic shopping.
4. When we get back in the classroom have a seat at your table. Your teacher will put a pile of leaves on your table. Pick out 3 leaves that you like and would like to trace and color.
5. Using your pencil, trace 1 leave on to the long white construction paper. Color the leaf. Keep in mind the colors of autumn leaves. Remember these are autumn leaves.
6. Next to the leaf that you have traced and colored, place the real on the paper and use the contact paper your teacher gave you to stick it on the paper.
7. Repeat steps 5 and 6 for the next two leaves.
8. Now that you have finished your leaf page put your name at the top in a fall color and give to your teacher so she can put all leaf pages together and make the "Autumn 2005 Leaf Scrapbook"
VSU TopicQuest Websites
TopicQuest Lesson Plan