leaves begin changing colors. They turn red, yellow and even
orange. Let's find out where leaves
get there beautiful colors from.
you ever wonder why leaves change their colors. In this cool movie
we will find out why leaves change from green to red,yellow and orange.
leaves are very beautiful and very colorful. Take a look at some fall leaf pictures
to discover the many colors of fall.
are also a few other events that occur during fall besides the leaves
changing colors. A couple of these are Columbus Day,
Now that you are experts on fall leaves, you now have a task to complete.
You will pretend that you are forest rangers. You have a small group of students that will be stopping by on their way to the mountains. They want to know all about fall leaves and the changing colors. They have asked for a handbook on leaves to be provided for them. This handbook will need to include different fall leaves and their colors.
Before you begin this task you might want to refresh your memory on why leaves change colors and what fall leaves look like.
Once you have refreshed your memory take a trip outside to collect some of your favorite fall leaves to put in your handbook. Remember to get as many different leaves as possible.
Good luck. I know you will do a great job.
|Steps for Real-World
1. Using the links about leaf colors and why leaves change, explore the different types of fall colors and leaves.
2. As we examine the different fall leaves think about which ones are your favorite.
3. Now get out your fall leaves that you collected on your "trip outside."
4. Take the "leaf" paper provided and lay the paper on top of your leaf.
5. Use the same color as the leaf you have and color across the leaf. As you color the leaf image will appear on your paper.
6. Do as many of these as you can so your handbook will be full of all types of fall leaves.
7. Now describe to me each leaf you have colored. We'll write your description on the page with your leaf. This way you will have all the information you need to complete your fall leaf handbook.
Topic Literature Activity
Using Critical Thinking Questions
A. Let's take a look at a movie about leaves.
B. Critical Thinking Questions:
1.If you could be a leaf man where would you go when the wind blows?Why?
2.If you were the leaf man who would you take with you on your journey so you would not be alone?
VSU Topic Pages
Topic Mini-Research Lesson Plan
Topic Literature Lesson Plan