|Do you know that
the Sloth is the slowest moving four-legged animal? If you want to
find out more about the sloth go to Enchanted
Learning and click on the word sloths.
|Have you ever
wondered how bats fly? To learn more about bats and their flight go to World
Almanac for Kids.
creepy-crawly creatures! Would you like to find out how they get
around? Go to How
Stuff Works to find out.
|Sharks are very
powerful swimmers! To learn more about sharks and how they swim lets go
to Exzooberance and click on
They Swim then click on shark.
Real World Activity
Safari Ride to Africa!
We are going to explore many animals at Exzooberence. Then you will pretend that you are going on a Safari to Africa. We are going to ride around in our jeep and observe many animals in the wild. We have to be very quiet, so we don't disturb them because they may attack us! You are going to be a reporter and write down the names of the animals you see, how it moves around, and then draw a picture of one of the animals. This is a big assignment, but I know you can do it! Have fun and be very careful!
for Real World Activity
1. We will discuss different animals and they way they move at Exzooberence.
2. You are going to go on a Safari and observe the animals you see.
3. You will write down the names of four animals.
4. You will write down how the four animals move.
5. You will draw a picture of one of the animals and label it.
|Topic Literature Activity
|Questions for Understanding
1. What do fish use to swim?
2. Do snakes have legs? What do snakes use to grip the ground?
3. What are two different flying styles for birds?
4. What is the fastest four legged mammal?
1. What kind of animal would you like to be and why?
2. Name an animal that can live on land or in water?
|Jessica's Home Page
Literature Lesson Plan