you ever seen a
tornado? Take a look at this video.
Click on link and scroll down to tornado footage and click.
footage of an actual tornado video from FEMA.
how tornados are
formed? Well why don't we ask an expert Chris Kridler at
Kidstorm facts. Click on link and we shall find out how tornados
would we be able to find one
if we wanted to? Why don't we ask The Tornado Chaser?
Someone who chases tornados should be able to locate them, right?
now that we have seen a
tornado, learned how they are formed, and know where to find
them. What do we know about tornado
|Have you wondered
where the worst tornado in the last twenty years was?
Click on the following link to Spencer, South Dakota.
This tornado was one of the most devastating tornadoes in history.
STORMCHASERCongratulations! You have just become a stormchaser. This is your lucky day. The local newspaper has bought a time machine and wants to send you back to May 30, 1998 to Spencer, South Dakota. This was the site of one of the worst tornados in the last 20 years. Your assignment is to cover the tornado and to write an article about the tornado. The paper wants to know all about this tornado including pictures and drawings of the tornado.
by: George A. Dierker Jr.
1. First you need to click on the link Spencer, South Dakota.
2. Read all information about the tornado that hit Spencer, South Dakota.
3. Write a short newspaper article about the tornado, remember keep it interesting this is for a newspaper.
4. Take and draw pictures of the tornado.
5. Then submit article to Mr. Dierker, the editor of the paper.
A.Have you ever seen a tornado? Take a look at this video Click on link and scroll down to tornado footage and click. This is footage of an actual tornado video from FEMA.
|B. four questions of
1.What is a tornado?
2.What time of year are you likely to have a tornado?
3.What states are in Tornado Alley?
4.What should you do if you are in a car and a tornado hits?
|C. critical thinking
1. Of all the natural disasters, which do you think is the most destructive? Why?
2. If you seen a tornado what would you do?
VSU Student Topic Pages
Mini-Research Lesson Plan
Topic Literature Lesson Plan