know how our parents always want us to clean up our rooms? Well, Earth
Day is coming up and we need to clean up our planet too! Let's put our
cleaning gloves on and find out what we can do to make Earth a better,
is Earth Day? This Online
Encyclopedia for kids will tell us!
learn about the history
of Earth Day!
This web site has an article
about this special day that we can read together!
up your world! Play this fun game and learn how to recycle
can you do to help our planet? Linda's web site has some great tips
for you and your parents!
about Recycle City at
this web site! The town was called dump city just a few years ago! Find
out how this town turned itself into a cleaner place!
Kids Club and help point out what is wrong in this picture! The
picture shows people doing everyday things that harm the environment!
animals are endangered. This means that they are protected because
there aren't that many of them left. Play this fun game and catch
tuna fish in nets. But, don't catch the whales! They are endangered!
is a fun story we can read together! It is called "Litter
on the Loose."
|Dr. Suess wrote a book about planting trees called "The Lorax". Play this fun game and help the Lorax plant trees.|
a kid just like you! Join him as he finds out how to recycle different
You have been placed in charge of making sure the people in Valdosta are doing their best to protect our planet. You will have to find out how to keep the city clean and what you can to make a difference and report it to the rest of the city. You will need to draw at least one thing that will make Valdosta a cleaner or more Earth- friendly place and write an article about it.
1. Go to the "Litter on the Loose" web site and listen to the story so that you will know why it is important to take care of litter problems.
2. Now that you understand more about litter, go to Linda's web site and learn some things that kids can do to protect the planet.
3. Now that you know a lot about keeping the planet safe, think of something you would like to report to the city of Valdosta.
4. Draw a picture of something Valdosta can do to make a difference in our world.
5. Write an article about your picture. Tell Miss Williams a fact about the picture and she will write it under your picture.
6. Give Miss Williams your picture and article so that your results can be reported to the city.
Erin Williams' Home Page
VSU TopicQuest Pages
TopicQuest Lesson Plan