2. This site is called Mozart's Magical Life! Read this interactive biography of Johannes Amadeus Mozart. The story book has pictures, links to more information, and audio files of Mozart's compositions. Be sure to scroll down and hit the forward button to read the story!
to read about the biography of Ludwig
Van Beethoven. You can read about where he was born, the works he created,
and the music he wrote!
here to play
the virtual keyboard! This site provides an interactive keyboard where
you click on a key and play a note.
5. This site is cool for kids! Learn about classical music and the instruments that great composers use.
6. This site includes lyrics to hundreds of kids' songs with more added all the time. It also includes some stories and activities. Click here to go to the kididdles page!
This is the internet piano
Listen to professional pianists play works by Bach, Beethoven,
8. Learn about the different families and different types of instruments. This site has excellent definitions and pictures.
on music history and listen to music samples from different periods. Includes
a glossary of musical instruments, composers, and more! So click here to
enter the Music
10. This link introduces the most important topics in reading music. Find out how easy it is to learn and read music!
Activities Be sure to scroll down and look at Terry and Kristy's Artwork!!!!!
|1. Describe Activity||Pretend you are a music reporter and must tell about the lives of two great composers. Using the sites above, compare the lives of two of your favorite composers. Write a paragraph for each one and make sure you tell your readers why these two composers are your favorite.|
|2. Grade Level||5th Grade|
|3. Subject Area||Language Arts and Music|
|4. Georgia's QCC Standards||Language
Arts (Written) 5.31: Draws conclusions, makes
predictions, compares /contrasts, and makes generalizations.
Music 5.1: Responds to a variety of instrumental and vocal styles and origins through listening, moving, singing, and playing instruments.
|1. Describe Activity||Pretend you are an artist for your school newspaper. Your assignment for the paper requires you to listen to a variety of instruments and then draw one that most interests you. You can see and hear instruments from the site above. Under your drawing, tell why you liked the sound of the instrument you choose.|
|2. Grade Level||5th Grade|
|3. Subject Area||Art and Music and Language Arts|
|4. Georgia's QCC Standards||Art
5.1: Produces artworks and graphic design
that use selected subject matter, including symbols and ideas, to communicate
Music 5.7: Creates simple accompaniments in a variety of media.
Language Arts (Oral) 5.4: Recalls, interprets, and summarizes information presented orally.
Here is Kristy and Terry's Artwork. They are 5th graders at West Gordan
The activity that these students did was art and writing!We had a good
time with this activity because the students used my internet web page
to locate their favorite instrument. Then we printed out their favorite
instrument from one of the sites above. We used the photos to guide us
to make a perfect model. Then the students had to tell what made them choose
this instrument as their favorite and write me one sentence.I had fun doing
this activity and I know the kids enjoyed it as well. Thank you Ms. Armstrong
for letting me work with your students!!!
me email at
Click here to go to our class page!!
100 topic pages by VSU students!