How To Get Started and To Develop
Engaging Lessons with SMART Notebook
has links to get you started with SMART videos & how-to
guides listed below
The Gallery and the Lesson Activity Toolkit
The Gallery and the Lesson Activity Toolkit provide collections of customizable tools and templates, including activities, games and graphics, and tools that you can use to create professional-looking, interactive and engaging lessons.
The following free training resources will provide you with an overview on how to get started with SMART Notebook collaborative learning software, how to use the Gallery and Lesson Activity Toolkit, and how to create engaging, interactive SMART Notebook lessons.
SMART Notebook Publisher
Create engaging, interactive content using the SMART Notebook Publisher plug-in for Adobe InDesign. Please use Microsoft Internet Explorer to view the tutorial.
Creating Engaging Lessons
Learn to use SMART Notebook Collaborative Learning software to develop lessons that are engaging and interactive.
questions; you can add questions for your lesson
identify see "Submitted by tletter"; variety of time
(including to draw hands on clocks)
identify see "Submitted by Amber"; good ideas for
of interactive questions
good graph activities; first page - spinner needs to
Dress the Bear
idea; need to copy and past the bear from the first
page to the second
page with the clothes, or you could use a split
examples of interactive activities and some pages
contain use a read
"Direction" tab on first page
with weather and geography activities
to go with Jan Brett's book
ideas; some activities needs work; last page has lots
of links to
|Down on the Farm||Social
of subject areas and activities; example of videos
imbedded in lesson.
*Go to : www2.smarttech.com/st/enUS/Support/Downloads/default.htm
* Select: under SMART Notebook software, select your operating system (most students have windows operating system, which is PC)
* Under "New Customers" go to "Download" button
* Fill out form (Be sure to note you are at Valdosta State University)
* Read & Check the agreement terms
* Click on "Start download" button
* Follow directions
After you download the SMART Notebook software:
* On your computer's desktop will be an icon labeled: boardsp7nbs.......... Click on the icon and follow the directions
* When filling out the information window give your User Name, list next to Organization: Valdosta State University, and for the Product Key use this 22 digit Product Key: NB-AECSE-A2FXU-75MEF-JWASH
(SMART Technologies allows VSU students to download the SMART Notebook software because VSU has purchased numerous SMART Boards.)
Download Promethean ActivInspire at Promethean Planet
*Go to : support.prometheanplanet.com/server.php?show=nav.19251
* Click on "Download"
* Follow Directions (Please note: You will need to Register or Login to continue the software download.)
and interesting video about Promethean