is wind? What causes it to blow?
An educational website that answers many questions about wind.
do plants need to live and grow.
This webite shows you the necessary things to grow a plant.
|All About Plants!!!
does a plant grow? What are the parts of a plant? How does
a plant make food?
Watch a tree grow before your eyes!!!!!
A very inforamtive website on plants!
||What are different types of kites?
How do kites fly?
How can you make a kite?
A website about kites for children!
We are going to be gardeners!!!
In Miss Brittney's plant activity, we will explore the season spring and what happens during that time. We will discuss that new plants growing is a major part of what happens during spring. We will discuss the parts of the plant and what they need to live. Then, we will pretend we are gardeners planting our gardens. To be a good gardener you must know what plants need to live and grow. We will research this and then each student will plant their own plant and then draw pictures of what they think it will look like as it grows from seed, to seedling, to full grown plant.
|Steps for Plant
Real World Activity
1. First, go to the Plants website and find out important facts about plants. Pay close attention to what a plant needs to live and grow so our plants will grow big and strong.
2. Next, watch the animated picture that shows process of a plant growing from seed to tree on the All About Plants website.
3. Now we are going to become gardeners and grow our own plants!!!!
4. You will need a cup to plant your seed in, some soil, a seed, some water, and a nice sunny place for your plant to grow.
5. First, scoop some soil into your cup.
6. Then, take your finger and make a little hole in the soil and drop in your seed.
7. Now, make sure to cover up your seed with soil so it will grow.
8. Last give your seed a little water and place it in the sunny spot you have picked out. You will need to water it everyday.
9. Now that you have planted the seed, watered it, and put it in a sunny place it will take some time to grow. Can you guess what your plant will look like?
10. In the last step in this activity you get to show me what you learned by drawing pictures. Draw what you think your plant will look like as it grows from a seed, to a seedling, to a big plant. Also draw in your picture what helps your plant grow and live(soil, sunlight, and water/rain).
Using Critical Thinking Questions
1. What is your fovorite Springtime activity? Who do you do this activity with?
2. What is your favorite season? Why?
Leap Into Learning Home Page
Mini-Research Lesson Plan
Topic Literature Lesson Plan