like humans, plants need
certain things to survive.
Let's find out what they need!
you know that plants come from seeds? Let's read a story about a
girl named Dottie,
who grows beautiful flowers from seeds!
you know what the parts
of a plant are called? Take a look at this diagram of plant
|Did you know
that plants come in all shapes and sizes? Here is a video
that shows interesting looking plants!
Mini-Research Real World
Imagine you are a scientist on a research trip around the world. Your plane crashes on an exotic island and you stumble across a new plant species! You study this new plant the entire time you are stranded on the island, documenting the plant with many pictures. After you are rescued word gets out about the new plant discovery and scientists everywhere are excited to see your discovery.
Complete Real World
1. Draw a picture of the plant you discovered.
2. Label the parts of the plant.
3. Give your newly discovered plant a name!
4. Show your fellow scientists your discovery.
|Topic Literature Activity
first look at a website about growing
|B. Four questions of understanding
1. Where do the bulbs and seeds need to go in order to grow into plants?
2. Does the soil need to be cold or warm in order for the plants to grow?
3. The plants have changed! What is it called that is happening to the plants?
4. What color flowers do you see?
your 2 critical
thinking questions based on your book.
1. If you were to plant a garden, what color flowers would you plant?
2. If you were to plant a garden, what are some things you would need to plant it?
Mack's Home Page
VSU Student Topic Pages
Topic Mini-Research Lesson Plan
Topic Literature Lesson Plan