|1. How are we getting there? Who knew there were
so many different ways to get from one place to another! Visit here to
identify different types of transportation.
Whether in a car or on a bicycle, safety is always important.
Take this safety
quiz and see if you know what different traffic signals and signs
Most people stay in a hotel when they go on vacation. Some people
stay on a cruise
ship for their vacation.
You don't only travel on land and in the water. People fly
in the sky and even into outerspace.
Did you know the first self-propelled vehicle was powered by
steam? See pictures of how cars
have changed over the past 100 years.
to know more about trains? Then chug on over
to this website!
Everyone rides a bus while they are in school. Learn more about
how to stay safe while riding on a school bus.
are many ways to travel.
You choose the path to discover more about your favorite ways to go
from one place to another.
My, how times have changed! Want to cover the history of
transportation since 3500 B.C. in three pages? Visit here
to cruise through history.
People all over the world use a bicycle as a cheap and efficient way to
were not always 10-speed and easy to maintain. See how
bicycles have changed through the years.
|I thought this was a very good lesson
Mr. Jimmy, a very poor man, just inherited two boats, three airplanes, four cars, five bicycles, and a big truck. Sadly, Mr. Jimmy never went to elementary school so he does not know what to do with all these objects. To keep Mr. Jimmy from causing any accidents, he would like you to show him where all these forms of transportation go. Your mission is to draw a chart to show him what goes in the water, what goes on a road, and what flies in the sky. He also inherited a lot of money, so be sure to show him where a four-wheeler, jet-ski, or other type of transportation would go just in case he might like to buy one. With your help, Mr. Jimmy will avoid many future accidents.
1. First, we are going to explore the internet to find out more about different types of transportation. Use "How are we getting there" website for help.
2. After looking at different types of transportation and seeing how they have changed over the years, you are going to draw any types of transportation you like on a blank piece of paper. (Your teacher will divide the paper into four columns of three rectangles so you will know how big to draw each object). Be sure to color the pictures so Mr. Jimmy knows what they look like.
3. Then, you are going to cut out each picture you drew.
4. You are going to fold another piece of white paper two times (so that it is in three equal parts.
5. Color the rectangle on the left light blue. This will be the sky.
6. Color the middle rectangle green. This will be the land.
7. Color the rectangle on the right dark blue. This will be the water.
8. Glue each picture you drew in the right section.
9. Write "sky", "land", and "water" under the right section.
10. Write your name on the back.