|What are the 4 stages
of the caterpillar?
Visit this website to see the Life Cycle of a Butterfly.
|What does the monarch butterfly
look like, what does it eat, who are the monarchs enemies, how big is
it, what is a chrysalis?
Visit this website to learn all about the Monarch Butterfly.
|How does the
butterfly get out of the chrysalis?
Visit this website to see a butterfly emerging from her chrysalis.
|Are there many
kinds of caterpillars?
Visit this website to see different kinds of caterpillars.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Congratulations you are the proud owner of a brand new pretend caterpillar. Because today we are going to learn where butterflies come from, so don't worry it's not going to be that ugly for long. It's going to go through many changes and today we will explore the life cycle of the caterpillar and you will see how different it looks in each cycle. Unlike humans who might have different hair, eye, or skin color, caterpillars change into something different in all four stages, and the final stage is truly beautiful. When we are done looking at the web sites we will look at and label the 4 stages of the life cycle.
Visit the first website to see what the 4 stages of the
2. Next check out all about what monarch butterflies eat, what they look like, who their enemies are, and what a chrysalis is.
3. Now look at the next website to see how the butterfly gets out of the chrysalis it made.
4. Visit the next website to learn about the many different types of caterpillars.
5. Now that we have learned all about how caterpillars change and what they change into we are going to look at the 4 stages of the life cycle and label the individual parts.
6. Help child decide which is the first in the stage and have them dictate to you and you write the correct name in the space provided.
7. Do this with each stage.
Topic Literature Activity1. Pretend you are a growing caterpillar, what type of food would you eat to fill your stomach up??
2. If you were a butterfly, where would you want to fly?
Ms. Eutzler's Homepage
Topic Mini-Research Lesson Plan
Topic Literature Lesson Plan