This Page is designed for Mrs.
Personette's Kindergarten Class at
Hahira Elementary School by Amy Houston, a Valdosta State University Preservice Teacher
1. To learn how to eat healthy, go to this site for information. It contains the food pyramid and excellent sources for nutrition.
2. Good table manners are important! This site will help you, it contains a list of proper table manners.
3. Everyone should know how to handle and prepare food safely. This contains tips for food safety, coloring books, word match, crossword puzzles and songs.
4. If you enjoy cooking, go to this site. It contains kids recipes for the yummiest and messiest food.
5. Check out the best and worst food. This site contains a list of the food choices along with eating tips and more.
6. Check out the facts on dairy processing. This site contains a slide show from farm to fridge.
7. If you like chocolate, go to this site. It has information on how chocolate is made and a chocolate tour of Hershey's.
8. If you want to learn more about pork, go to this site. It is fun for kids and has games, contests and a farm tour.
9. Fruit is delicious and good for you. This site has everything you need to know about fruit plus a fruit alphabet, games and postcards.
10. Try planting your own vegetable garden. Go to this site for tips on planting a garden and more.
"Chef For A Day"
Students are to draw a pictures of the food that they would serve for the President of the United States on paper plates. Students will list their nutritious menu on paper.
For more information see my topic lesson plan.
Amy's Home Page
VSU Preservice Teachers' Websites
Thanks to this website
for the use of the graphics.