Women's and Gender Studies Mission Statement
Women's and Gender Studies at Valdosta State University is an interdisciplinary program committed to providing feminist scholarship across the disciplines. The mission of the Women's and Gender Studies Program is:
- To promote gender equity and an academic climate that hears and respects women's voices.
- To provide resources and an intellectual context for students, the University, and the community which facilitates individual and collaborative research about women, gender, and sexualities.
- To promote the integration of women, gender, and sexuality issues into courses across the disciplines and so encourage critical and sensitive thinking about women, gender, and sexualities.
- To initiate and co-sponsor events related to women, gender, and sexualities with campus departments and student organizations.
- To offer networking, advocacy, and support for all faculty, staff, and students.