BLAzeVIEW for Students
Valdosta State University uses BlazeVIEW (BlackBoard Vista 8) as an online course management system. Although your classes may not be completely online, your instructor may require you to log into BlazeVIEW for your syllabus, to complete assignments, to download lecture notes, to participate in online discussions, or to take online quizes and exams. Please follow this student guide for getting started and working with BlazeVIEW.
Download Printable 1 Page Flyer
Download Printable Quick Start Guide
1. Preparing your computer for BlazeVIEW
2. Logging into BlazeVIEW
- Your BlazeVIEW username is that part of your official VSU email address that comes before the @ symbol.
Ex: your email address is email@example.com ...then your BlazeVIEW username is jbrady
If you do not know your email address, find it with the username lookup guide.
- To locate your BlazeVIEW password, use the BlazeVIEW Self-service Password Utility.
You can use this tool to create your password, or for a BlazeVIEW PASSWORD RESET if you have forgotten your password.
- Please note that you will not be able to see your courses until the first day of class. If you have just registered, you may not have access to your courses for up to 48 hrs.
- Log in now >>
- If you are enrolled in University System of Georgia Collaborative programs you will not log into BlazeVIEW. Please select the appropriate login for your program: eCore | GOML | WebMBA | European Union Certificate
3. Get HELP!
4. Frequently Asked Questions
- View a comprehensive list of frequently asked questions concerning BlazeVIEW
5. Learn How To
6. Online Success Guide
- Learn best practices for online success.
View online success guide
7. Online Classes and Degree Programs
- Please visit the Distance Learning Website for detailed information about Online Classes and Degree Programs