BlazeView Live Peer Support (Pilot Trial)
Students Helping Students
1. What is Live Peer Support?
The Distance Learning department is implementing a live peer support pilot trial to provide additional assistance for students who need help with BlazeVIEW. Unlike the IT Helpdesk, Live Peer Support is NOT a technical support service, but is instead an educational endeavor to allow students to show other students how to help themselves by using available online resources.
2. What Technology is used to Provide Live Peer Support?
Students may access Live Peer Support through BlazeVIEW and Wimba Classroom, web conferencing. In BlazeVIEW, every student is enrolled in "Student Help Resources- BlazeVIEW for Students". If the course does not appear on your list, please email "email@example.com" and ask to be added .
To access Peer Support via Wimba Classroom Web Conferencing please click the appropriate link under "When is Live Peer Support Available?"
3. When Will Live Peer Support Be Available?
* Live Peer Support is Currently Unavailable. The Distance Learning Program ran a pilot trial from the beginning of Fall Semester 2009 until November 15th. BlazeVIEW Peer Support will resume Spring 2010.
4. Why is Live Peer Support only being done on a trial basis?
The Distance Learning department is implementing this program on a trial basis in order to determine how to best utilize this service in the future.