Download & Install Studymate
1. Log into your WebCT account.
2. From your Course List, Click the following course link " Faculty Help Resources - VSU Faculty and Staff Support "
3. Click on the Course Tools folder.
4. Next, click on the StudyMate folder.
5. Click on the Download Instructions folder.
6. The Studymate license agreement restricts posting the password on public websites (thus this guide directs you to log into WebCT to get the password). After clicking the "Download Instructions" link, you will see the link to download StudyMate as well as the "Installation Password". The StudyMate installation file has the name "StudyMateCampus2.exe". The StudyMate license is renewed annually, so if you ever receive an expiration message while trying to use the software, please return to this area to get the new password.
- Click the link StudyMateCampus2.exe.
7. Click RUN.
8. When you recieve the Security Warning again click on RUN.
9. Click next on the InstallShield Wizard when it pops up.
10. Click on the "I accept the terms of the license agreement" and then click next. Click next again when it asks where to install the program. Click next again when it asks you to select the projects folder. Lastly, click install.
11. Click yes to install the equation editor.
12. Click finish.
13. The StudyMate software will not open immediately, go to the desktop and click the shortcut.
14. Once you click on the StudyMate shortcut you will be asked to enter the name of the institution, the local support contact, and the installation password.
- Enter the institution name: Valdosta State University.
- Enter the Local Support Contact: Eric Jackson.
- From the download instructions in WebCT, copy and paste the installation password, then click the License button.