Home > Department of Sociology, Anthropology and Criminal Justice > SOCI 4540: Internship in Sociology
SOCI 4540: Internship in Sociology
Course Description: Supervised on-site experience in an approved community, government or private organization for students who are completing the applied/ clinical sociology concentration. Professionalism, workforce transition, and application of sociological knowledge and skills are emphasized.
Prerequisites: Students must be in good academic standing, have a minimum of 90 credit hours earned, and have successfully completed or be concurrently enrolled in SOCI 3000, 3190, 3200, 3500, 3510 or permission of the Internship Coordinator.
Steps In The Process
- Apply. Student uses the online application to apply. Applications must be submitted by the midterm prior to the internship placement.
- Orientation. Once accepted, student must attend internship orientation (scheduled the week after midterm.)
- Placement. Internship Coordinator will contact possible practice site and informs student.
- Interview. Student contacts site for placement interview.
- Begin 1st day of internship is 1st day of semester. Future Intern and Coordinator prepares paperwork to be signed first day of internship.
Sociology Intern Gallery
For a glimpse at where sociology students have done interns and their experience, click here to view flyers created by past interns.
Where can I do my internship? What will I do at my internship? For answers to these and other questions, you may want to visit our Frequently Asked Questions page. FAQ click here.
Ginger Macheski, Ph.D.
Important Dates for FALL 2013 Interns
Internship Applications for Fall 2013 are due by Friday, June 14th.
Orientation for accepted FALL 2013 applicants will be held Wednesday, June 19th 4:00pm - 5:30pm Rm. 1149 UC.
Attendance is mandatory so plan accordingly.