Home > Department of Sociology, Anthropology and Criminal Justice > Alpha Kappa Delta
Alpha Kappa Delta
- Must be an officially declared sociology major or demonstrate a serious interest in sociology within an official program of the host institution.
- Must be at least a junior (third year) by standards of the host institution.
- Must have accumulated the equivalent of an overall g.p.a. of 3.3 (by a four point scale where: A=4, B=3, C=2, D=1, F=0) and rank in the top 35% of their class in general scholarship
- Must have maintained the equivalent of a 3.0 g.p.a. in sociology courses taken at the host institution prior to initiation.
- Must have completed at least four regular courses in sociology prior to initiation (exclusive of extension or courses graded pass/fail).
For students classified as graduate students (those officially admitted to graduate study in sociology at the host institution), the following specific requirements must have been met prior to the time of initiation: completion of one half year of graduate study in sociology (i.e., one semester or two quarters or the equivalent academic unit) with a graduate g.p.a. of B or better, and continued matriculation in a program of study leading toward a graduate degree in sociology at the host institution.