Home > SACS Reaffirmation > Faculty Credentials > Uploading Your Course Syllabus
Uploading Your Course Syllabus
- Click on ‘View my Faculty Profile’ on the right-hand side of the screen.
- Scroll down to ‘Courses.’ Verify that each course listed for you is correct. If the courses listed for you are inaccurate, e-mail Jane Kinney at firstname.lastname@example.org, explaining the specific error and what should be corrected.
- For each course under your list of courses, you will have to list your qualifications to teach the course and upload the syllabus (as a .pdf doc). Here are the steps to follow:
- At the bottom of the page, click on the ‘View Syllabus and Details’ link of the course to edit.
- Click on the ‘Edit’ tab at the top.
- Enter your qualifications for teaching that course (i.e., what your academic qualifications are for that course). In most cases, it will simply be your highest degree—Ph.D. in English literature, for example. If, however, you have a different degree but have 18 hours of graduate coursework in the field, then you would enter exactly that phrase (i.e., 18 hours of graduate coursework in Economics). If you have additional educational qualifications for a particular course—an NEH seminar in that field, a master’s degree in a different area than your doctorate, professional certification, etc.—you may list those as well for those courses to which they apply.
- If you do not have 18 graduate hours or a degree in the field appropriate to the course, or if the course is an interdisciplinary course (AFAM, ISCI, HONS, PERS, VSU, INTL, eg.), attach the syllabus for the course, then contact your department head, who will need to complete a “Justification for Exception” form explaining your qualifications for teaching this course for your file. Our SACS office will enter the approved justification for the exception.
- To upload the syllabus, click on the browse button next to the ‘attach new file’ field.
- In the file explorer menu that pops up, choose the .pdf file of your syllabus for the course (for directions on converting a document to PDF format, click here). Click on ‘Open” in the Windows box.
- Once the file has been selected, click on the upload button under the ‘attach new file’ field.
- Click on the ‘Submit’ button at the bottom of the page. THIS IS A VERY IMPORTANT STEP.
- Repeat the steps for all other courses you are teaching this term. Even if you have multiple sections of the same course, you must enter your qualifications and the syllabus for each section.
- Click on ‘View my Faculty Profile’ on the right side of the screen to check that all of your information has been received and is correct. If not, repeat the steps above to correct. When finished, click ‘Log Out’ on the right side of the page.