Updating Your Faculty Profile
- Go to http://www.valdosta.edu/sacs/portal/. Log in using your BlazeNet email username and password.
- Click on ‘View my Faculty Profile’ on the right-hand side of the screen.
- Click the “Edit Profile” tab at the top of the page.
- Scroll down the page to the “Qualifications” box:
a. If you have earned a new degree that is higher than the one currently listed as your Specific Highest Degree Earned, delete the degree listed and type in the abbreviation for the new higher degree (i.e., EdS, PhD, MEd, etc.). You will also need to add the specific details of the new degree—click on the “Add Degree” link on the right of the screen and enter the required information (directions link).
b. If you have increased the number of graduate credit hours earned in your teaching field from less than 18 to 18 or more, click on the drop box under “Credits in Discipline,” select the correct option, then click the cursor outside the box.
c. To replace the uploaded CV/resume with an updated one, Under Curriculum Vitae, click the box under “Delete,” then click on ‘browse’ button (next to the “Attach New File” box. Select your updated CV file from your own computer files (saved as a .pdf document—for directions), then click on ‘open’ button in the Windows File Upload box; then click on ‘Upload.’
d. To enter information under the “Additional Professional Experience” box, scroll down to it, click cursor in the box, and type in the activity. Please be specific here—include dates for seminars taken, spell out the name of any certifying or licensing body (i.e., American Red Cross rather than ARC, Public Standards Commission instead of PSC), and so on.
- When all new material has been entered, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on “Submit.” THIS IS AN IMPORTANT STEP—IF YOU DO NOT CLICK THE “SUBMIT” BUTTON, NONE OF THE NEW INFORMATION ENTERED WILL BE SAVED.
- To check that all of your information has been saved and is correct, click on ‘View my Faculty Profile’ on the right side of the screen. If the information is not correct, repeat the steps above to correct.
- When finished, click ‘Log Out’ on the right side of the page.