Entering Your Degrees
- Go to http://www.valdosta.edu/sacs/portal/. Log in using your BlazeNet email username and password.
- On the right side of the screen, click on the ‘Add Degree’ link.
- You will see two drop boxes—one for ‘Degree Level’ and one for ‘Year Received.’ Select the appropriate responses for the specific degree you are currently entering.
- Next, enter the full name for the degree-granting institution—no abbreviations (i.e., University of Texas at Austin, not UT-Austin).
- Then, add your major and minor fields of study. Be specific about your major field and minor fields. If you had no minor fields for a degree, leave the minor field box empty.
- When finished, click the ‘Submit’ button. THIS IS A VERY IMPORTANT STEP--UNLESS YOU CLICK THE "SUBMIT" BUTTON, YOUR INFORMATION WILL NOT BE SAVED TO THE SITE.
- Repeat the process (i.e., click on “Add Degree” and continue) for any other degrees you have earned.
When finished, click on “View My Faculty Profile” on the right. Scroll down to verify that each degree is listed for you (they will appear right above the list of your courses). If the degrees are not there, start over with “Add Degree,” and be sure to click the “Submit” button after entering information on a degree.