Campus-Wide Renovation & Maintenance Pool (Non-Classroom)
The Renovation/Maintenance/ADA Pool is a limited resource pool assigned by the Planning and Budget Committee. The Facilities Advisory Committee may distribute the Facilities Maintenance Fund into general categories such as Emergency Repair, Sidewalk Repair, HVAC Repair, or major project work. Projects differ from scheduled maintenance in that they typically will require more than 50 labor hours, or more than one shop to complete, or require parts and materials that exceed the plant operating budget.
Point of Contact for the Advisory Committee:
Mr. Ray Sable, Director of Plant Operations & Facilities Planning firstname.lastname@example.org
Advisory Committee Members:
The following 9 voting members are charged to reflect the interest of the group they represent:
- Vice President for Finance and Administration – Co-Chair
- Vice President for Advancement – Co-Chair
- Deans Council Representative, selected by Provost
- Department Heads Council Representative, selected by the Department Heads Council
- Faculty member, selected by the Faculty Senate, preferably the Chair of the Institutional Planning Committee
- Faculty member selected by the Environmental Issues Committee
- Staff Representative selected by COSA
- Student Affairs representative, selected by the Vice President for Student Affairs
- Student representative, selected by Student Government Association
Ex-officio, non-voting members include the following positions:
- Director of Physical Plant
- Director of Auxiliary Services
- Director of Athletics
- Director of Information Technology
- Director of Environmental and Occupational Safety
- Vice President for Student Affairs
Pool Processes & Committee Guidelines:
Schedule & Call for Proposals: All FAC meetings will be open meetings. The FAC will meet at least twice a year. Meetings times and locations will be announced via campus announcements email. Minutes will be posted on the VSU web site. Physical Plant will be responsible for reporting the progress of work on the priority list.
Requesting Funds: A campus call will be issued to submit requests for projects via the work-order system in Plant: http://services.valdosta.edu/plantops/workorder.aspx. It is the project proposer’s responsibility to ensure that requests first be vetted through the organizational structure before submission.
All proposed new construction, additions of space, or changes to the campus landscape should flow through the organizational structure and be presented to the FAC by a divisional Vice President. Proposals must be reviewed by the FAC and a recommendation made to the President. While the VSU Planning and Budget Committee allocates funds for construction projects, projects should not be allocated funding if the FAC has not first reviewed the projects and made a recommendation to the President.
Prioritization of Requests: Physical Plant will collect requests and present to the committee at each meeting. The FAC will prioritize projects based on impact to the mission of the university, impact to the greatest number of students, and impact to faculty and staff. Projects that significantly impact safety, health, or security will be given top priority. A proposed ranking will be voted on as one motion and a simple majority of members is needed to approve the priority. If the proposed ranking is not approved, the committee will continue to propose rankings until a final slate is approved by the majority. Select decisions can be decided by email vote if time or other situations warrant as determined by the committee chairs.
Notification of Awards: