Academic Equipment & Equipment Maintenance Pool
Requests for new equipment, equipment repair/maintenance, annual maintenance fees, etc. which directly enhance the instructional and/or research mission of the university.
Point of Contact for the Advisory Committee:
Dr. Karla Hull; Acting VPAA and PBC Chair email@example.com
Dr. Karla Hull; Acting VPAA and PBC Chair
Advisory Committee Members:
Pool Processes & Committee Guidelines:
Schedule & Call for Proposals: The request schedule is to be determined annually by the Provost and announced through the Deans Council.
Requesting Funds: Requests for new equipment or the maintenance of existing equipment are made through the typical budgetary hierarchy: Employee to Department Head to Dean to Provost.
1. Faculty members request research/instructional equipment and maintenance from the Department Head of their unit.
2. The Department Head verifies that the equipment/maintenance meets disciplinary and departmental goals.
3. The members of the department consider all their requests in an open meeting; the requests are ranked; then forwarded to the Dean for consideration at the College level.
4. Each Dean approves/disapproves requests from their college and forwards the approved requests in a ranked list along with Purchase Request Forms to the Provost.
5. The Provost presents the approved requests to the Planning and Budget Committee for its recommendation.
Notification of Awards: After consulting with the President, and considering available funds, the Provost writes the award letters to the faculty.
Prioritization of Requests: Prioritization occurs at the Departmental level, the Deans level, and the Provost's level.
Award Accountability: Applicants who receive funding should document
Chart String to be Used if Funding is Approved:
Fund - 10500
Program - 14600
Class - 11000
Dept ID - 1311017
Annual Summary of Pool Activity:
FY2010 (July 2009 - June 2010, Academic Year Fall09 & Spring10)