PLanning and Budget Council
The Planning and Budget Council is a component of the university strategic planning process. It is charged to ensure the strategic allocation of resources in conjunction with Valdosta State University’s goals. The Council develops the annual budget plan for recommendation to the President based on input received from all departments of the University. The Council monitors the Budget Plan throughout the year via weekly meetings to ensure the continued effective and efficient use of resources.
FY2014 Meeting Schedule
All meetings are open to Faculty, Staff & Students.
Meetings will be held in the University Center, Cypress room at 9:00 a.m.
March 7th Cancelled
April 18th (Student Union Meeting Room 1 A & B)
FY2014 Budget Calendar
- Open meetings
- Membership represents the core values of the University.
- Members represent the University, not their constituents.
- Focused strategic objectives (4-6) and resource needs for the objectives will be vetted through the process.
- Routine objectives and resource needs will be established within the managing department and supported at historical levels.
- Committee's work concerns planning and budgets.
- Deadlines for the year will be completed by Finance and Administration and will be reviewed by the Committee.
- Enrollment estimates and state funding estimates will be used to create budget recommendations.
- Voting members should have a minimum of a two year term.
- In keeping with our Campus Climate Commitment, minutes will now be distributed electronically for your review.
- The Planning and Budget Council and University Council voted to have joint meetings until further notice