If my child does not attend Valdosta High School can they participate in Upward Bound?
- No, they cannot participate in Upward Bound Program. Valdosta High School is our partnering school.
How can my child apply for Upward Bound?
- They can visit our website at www.valdosta.edu/ose/upwardbound and click the application link. Print and fill out the application and return it to Office of Social Equity, or mail it to
Office of Social Equity
Valdosta State University
Attn: Upward Bound
1500 N. Patterson Street
Valdosta, GA 31698
If my child is suspended from Valdosta High School, can they attend any of the Upward Bound activities or events?
- No. VSU Upward Bound Program follows similar guidelines along with Valdosta City School Systems.
If my child was enrolled in Valdosta High School and we moved out of the area, will my child be able to continue to participate with the Upward Bound Program?
- No. The child must be currently enrolled at Valdosta High School.
If my residential status changes, is it necessary to report changed information?
- Yes. You must report this information immediately to one of the Upward Bound Staff.
Is there a GPA requirement for Upward Bound?
- Yes there is a GPA requirement. Students must maintain a 2.5 academic GPA in order to participate in the program. If students fall below a 2.5 GPA they are placed on academic probation and have one semester to bring their GPA up.
If my child is accepted to the VSU Upward Bound Program when will they start?
- Students must begin in the fall semester, they are not allowed to enroll during the spring or summer semesters.
Is transportation provided for the afterschool tutorials?
- Yes transportation is provided for the student from VHS to VSU.