Upward Bound Program Summer Positions Available!
UB Summer Session begins!
monday, june 6, 2011- friday, july, 8, 2011
All applications and transcripts must be received by
Monday, April 18, 2011 12 Noon.
Applications can be picked up at the Upward Bound Office located across
from the UC next to the College of Nursing building.
Residential Dorm Monitor Position
Residential Dorm Monitors will work during the 6 week UB Summer Program. Training will be provided prior to the start-up date to the Summer Program. A Residential Dorm Monitor will provide supervision and staff support over night while UB participants are on campus living in the Residence Hall.
Peer Mentor Position
Peer Mentors will work during the 6 week UB Summer Program. Training will be provided prior to the start-up date to the Summer Program. A Peer Mentor serves as a student who provides leadership and guidance to students in the Upward Bound Program. They serve as role models and assist in achieving the goals of the program. As a team member of the Upward Bound Program, Peer Mentors are expected to contact a member of the Administrative Staff for further assistance if needed.
1. Complete the required Peer Mentor and Residential Dorm Monitor Training prior to the start of the Summer Semester as required by the Upward Bound Director.
2. Keep regular and accurate records of UB participants attending daily class sessions using the appropriate folder kept at the UB table located in the UB Office.
3. Develop and execute daily activities and other educational projects assigned by the UB Director to keep the program running smoothly and efficiently.
4. Complete bi-weekly timecards accurately and in a timely manner.
5. Make appropriate referrals to the UB Counselor and/or Director as needed.
Summer work dates include: Summer Program June 6-July 8, 2011
Work shifts: TBD
Compensation: TBD at time of interview per approval of the Director of Upward Bound Program
Please submit all applications and transcripts to the:
Upward Bound Program
1208 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta, GA 31698
For more information contact the UB Office Staff at email@example.com
Spring 2011 UB Tutoring Schedule