Dr. Maggie J. Viverette
Director of the Office of Social Equity
Phone: (229) 333-5463
Maggie Viverette is the Director of the Office of Social Equity at Valdosta State University.
She has earned a bachelor's and master's degrees from Jackson State University in Special Education. She has seven years experience as an Learning Disabilities teacher and fourteen years experience in higher education administration.
Maggie Viverette began her career at Valdosta State University as Assistant Director of Special Services and later elevated to Director. She was selected as the acting Director of the Office of Social Equity in July 1997 until March 1998 and selected to serve again in 2000.
• Streamlined EOP portion of VSU faculty search process – significantly reduced turn-around time
• Developed annual fundraiser for non-state funds
• Revamped Minority Advising Program (MAP)
• Developed and implemented Black Arts Festival
• Currently serving second stint as acting director of the OSE