Designed for Georgia's 21st century information environment
The mission of the Master of Library and Information Science (MLIS) Program is to provide a quality publicly supported education for generalists and specialists in the library and information science fields. Its primary focus is to educate librarians for academic, public, and special libraries in Georgia.
The Program offers:
- A 39-hour non-thesis program
- Professors dedicated to distance education methods
- Flexible scheduling and Web-based instruction
- Employability within Georgia and nationwide
- Affordable tuition and fees
- Options for students who cannot leave jobs and families to return to a single campus for extended periods
The MLIS Program accepts applications for admission in Fall and Spring semesters.
- All applications are made through the VSU Graduate School.
- The deadline for Fall admissions is March 15
- The deadline for Spring admissions is October 15
The MLIS Program at Valdosta State University is fully accredited under the American Library Association Standards for Accreditation of Master’s Programs in Library and Information Studies. Accreditation was granted in 2007. To maintain this accreditation the MLIS Program underwent a comprehensive review visit on November 10-12, 2013.
On January 26, 2014 ALA COA informed The MLIS Program that COA voted to grant continued accreditation status to the program leading to to the degree of Master of Library and Information Science at Valdosta State University.
*Admission to the MLIS Facebook requires that you have an existing Facebook account.
Use the Groups tool to request membership on the MLIS Facebook site.