The Department of MOdern and Classical Languages (MCL)
Students seeking to tutor Spanish at the Student Success Center.
Students who are planning to apply for tutoring positions must be referred from the Department of Modern and Classical Languages.
- Must be a currently enrolled major in a language other than English.
- Must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher in all major course work.
- Must have completed Spanish 4010 to tutor up to Span 4010, and 3200 to qualify to tutor literature and all levels.
- Students whose first language is Spanish, who meet the requirements above are encouraged to apply.
- Minors in foreign language will be considered if all requirements are met, and student continues to take classes at the upper division during their employment period.
- Students who drop the major or discontinue taking courses in MCL, will become ineligible for the next semester after they have discontinued courses.
- Non majors in foreign language may be considered only when no other qualifying candidates are available.
- Non majors must show upper division proficiency in grammar, literature, phonetics, and vocabulary, and be enrolled in at least one upper division course in the language they are tutoring, throughout their employment.
- Must be familiar with all course Syllabi and Professorial expectation of student work.
VSU Students... Interested in working in mcl?
No SA positions currently open.
Work Study students seeking employment, contact the department for more information. .
Our expectations of all student employees:
Students working with MCL make their own schedules based on their academic load.
Jeans, slacks, skirts are acceptable as are casual t-shirts with no writing unless it is related to VSU activities, sororities, fraternities, honors societies or events. Sandals are fine as long as they are strapped.
Cut off shorts, shorts of any kind, t-shirts with non VSU related slogans, hats (unless religious wear), flip flops. slacks or jeans that fall below the hips, shirts or skirts and shirts that reveal the midriff (unless religious or cultural wear).