South Georgia College Students @ Odum Library
How do I check out books, videos, and other stuff?
You may use your VSU 1Card or Tiger ID card to check out books, videos, and more. However, you must use your VSU 1Card to check out equipment from Media Services.
You need your VSU ID Number to get your BlazeVIEW username and create a password. Your VSU ID Number is on your VSU 1Card. This does not include the trailing digit to the right of your number (e.g. 870123455 1).
If you have difficulties checking out a book or equipment with your VSU 1Card, visit the main Circulation Desk located on the second floor. Give them your VSU 1Card and tell them that you are a South Georgia College Entry Program student. The Circulation staff can then update your library account.
How do I get on a computer?
You will log onto the computers with your Active Directory username and password.
To create your Active Directory account, follow the instructions for creating an account below. You will only need to do this once; after you create your account, you can log in to computers with your Active Directory username and password. If you forget your password, you can reset it using the Self-Service Password Reset utility on the BlazeVIEW homepage.
Creating an Active Directory account:
- When the start-up screen appears, click the OK button.
- A window will appear prompting you for login information. Enter the following and then click the OK button:
- Username: VSULab
- Password: guest
- Log on to: VSU (this is usually already selected)
- Double-click the "Apply for Labs Logon Account" icon. When it asks you if you have a valid BlazeVIEW username and password, click "No."
- A browser window should open with the Self-Service Password Reset utility open. Click on "I do not know my password" and enter the required personal information on the following screens.
- Your BlazeVIEW/Active Directory username will be displayed on the same page that you create a password on. Remember your username!
- Click on "Apply for Labs Logon Account" again. When it asks you if you have a valid BlazeVIEW username and password, click "Yes." Follow the instructions given, and then log out after completing the instructions.
- During this procedure, you will need to make a password that fits a set of criteria listed on the page. Click "Change Passwords" after you are finished.
- Log onto the computer using your new Active Directory username and password.
- You will be asked to change your password the first time you log on to the computer.
Please note that once you change your Active Directory password, it will no longer be the same as your BlazeVIEW password. To make this easier, go back to the Self-Service Password Reset page and reset your password. This will change both passwords to your new password.
If you forget your password and need to reset it, log on to a computer as a guest (username: vsulab password: guest), double-click Apply for Labs Logon Account, and click "No" when asked if you have a valid BlazeVIEW username and password.
What else can I do with my BlazeVIEW username and password?
You can log into HallNet, VSU's wireless internet. For assistance with HallNet or our other IT services for South Georgia College, please contact
Benjamin Li (email@example.com) and Corey Wasley (firstname.lastname@example.org) from the IT Helpdesk.
You can also log on to Anywhere Access to use our library databases when you are off-campus. Ask a librarian at the Reference Desk (see us at the desk on the 2nd floor of Odum Library, through Live Chat, or by calling 229-245-4357) for help using Anywhere Access.