Computer Labs Service
Computer Lab Print Solution
Double-sided (duplex) printing -Turn Off
Library Copying & Printing FAQ
Campus Lab Print Solution FAQ
Campus Computer Labs - List
Student Active Directory Guide
IT Helpdesk Active Directory FAQ
Odum Library has over 200 computers available for use by VSU students, staff and faculty. iMacs are available in the Media Center along with other specialized software.
Odum Library computers are operated in compliance with campus IT regulations. As with the rest of VSU, Odum Library computer access is controlled via Active Directory logon. Each VSU Student, Staff, and Faculty member has an Active Directory account, and must comply with all VSU IT Computer use and Internet Policies. REMEMBER: LOG OUT before you leave your computer.
Only VSU Students, Faculty, and Staff have access to Active Directory accounts.
If you are a student trying to log in on a lab computer, and do not have an Active Directory Account, please follow the IT Helpdesk Student Active Directory Application Guide.
For any other questions concerning Active Directory, please see the IT Helpdesk Active Directory FAQ.
To learn more, please visit Active Directory@V-State.
Anyone without an Active Directory account will need to use the designated public machines, which are located on the 2nd Floor, outside of Room 2609. There are four public workstations available to the public. (Library Hours)
The computers in Odum Library contain the following software packages:
- Windows 7,
- Microsoft Office 2010 Suite
- SSH/FTP Client Secure Shell
- Adobe CS6 Master Suite
- IBM SPSS 20
- Adobe Flash Player
- Photo Story 3
- Second Life Viewer
- Smart Notebook 10
- Adobe Acrobat Pro
- DJvu Plugin
- Ebrary Reader plugin
- Microsoft SilverLight
- Microsoft Expression Web 3
|Internet Café - located on the 1st floor. Open 24 hours a day, Sunday through Thursday.||23 PCs|
|GALILEO Area - adjacent to the 2nd floor Reference Desk.||60 PCs|
2nd Floor Electronic Classroom, Room 2634 & Computer Lab, Room 2633
3rd Floor Computer Lab Room 3250
|2nd Floor Bank||
- Laptops may be reserved and borrowed from the first floor Media Center.
- iMacs are available in the first floor Media Center
- Group Study Rooms (1100 and 1110) are equipped with workstations.
- Remember this is a library -- audio headset use is a must. (Library Noise Policy) Each computer has a sound card and available headset jack. While audio headsets may be checked-out at both Circulation desks, users are certainly encouraged to utilize their own audio headsets.
- Adaptive technology for students with disabilities is available in rooms 1060 and 1070 as adjacent to the Internet Café. Two bi-level computer workstations on height adjustable tables that accommodate wheelchair access are located in the library, one in the first floor Internet Café and another on second floor across from the IT Helpdesk. (More Library Resource Information for Students with Disabilities)
- Temporary installation of software as required to complete class assignments is permitted on the workstations located in the 2nd and 3rd floor labs. For assistance, contact Library Automation (email@example.com or 333-5868.) **Software Installation Note for Faculty.
- For a complete list of computer labs available on campus, click here.