Services and Resources for Distance Education Students
Odum Library is committed to providing library resources and services to VSU students taking courses both on and off the main campus. (See Statement of Eligibility for Services) To help address concerns of off-campus and online students, the library maintains the Library Services and Resources for Distance Education Student webpage. If at any time you have general questions about the library or specific questions about library resources, please call the Odum Library Reference Desk at (229) 333-7149 or email the Outreach Services Librarian.
Links to Library Services Supporting Distance Education
- Library Services for Distance Education Students and Faculty
- VSU Students at Kings Bay: In addition to the resources available from Odum Library,
VSU students may contact Steve Scheuler, Librarian and Manager, Campus Resource Center
at Kings Bay, (912) 573-2001, ext.4526 or visit the Kings Bay Library website.
- Reference Assistance
- Live Chat : Students can chat online with a reference librarian.
- GALILEO Databases: Information on searching for journal articles.
- Searching in the GIL Catalog: Finding books in the library's catalog.
- Library Collections : Getting your hands on them.
- InterLibrary Loan : Borrow a book or get a copy of an article from another library.
- Document Delivery : Have a book delivered directly to your home (you must live outside Lowndes county and take all your classes online or off-campus to qualify for this service). Note: excluding GIL Express requests.
- Technical Assistance