Services for Distance Education
Our Distance Learning Philosophy:
"Access to adequate library services and resources is essential for the attainment of superior academic skills in post-secondary education, regardless of where students, faculty, and programs are located. Members of the distance learning community are entitled to library services and resources equivalent to those provided for students and faculty in traditional campus settings." (ACRL Guidelines for Distance Learning Library Services)
Featured Distance Services:
- Anywhere Access to GALILEO lets you search for and access full-text journal articles in GALILEO databases from off-campus.
- Live Chat Chat online with a librarian or submit an email a reference question.
- GIL Express Service Borrow books from any University System of Georgia school. Pick them up and return them at the University System of Georgia library that is most convenient for you.
- Journals Tab: allows you to search by journal title for electronic and print journals. As a distance education student or faculty member, you are eligible for article document delivery service from print journals in the Library's collection as available through logging into ILL - Odum Express and selecting 'Request a Photocopy'.
- Tutorials: Teach yourself how to use the library's many resources.
Eligibility for Services:
VSU students enrolled in VSU off-campus courses, BlazeVIEW online courses, and other Distance Learning courses are eligible for the services detailed on the Information for Students page. We can only offer Document Delivery (having books and articles ordered through InterLibrary Loan mailed directly to you) to students taking all of their courses off-campus/online and living outside of Lowndes County. Students taking both on-campus and off-campus courses are asked to come to Odum Library in person to pick up and return all library materials.
Information for Faculty
Library resources and services for distance learning/off-campus faculty.
Information for Students
Library resources and services for distance learning/off-campus students .
In case you're having problems with the website or our online resources.
Helpful VSU Links:
- eLearning Department
- VSU Online Bookstore: order your textbooks online!
- Information Technology HelpDesk
If you would like more information about services available to distance students and faculty please contact the Outreach Services Librarian via email or at 229-245-3745.