Home > Odum Library > Library Help > Subject & Course Guides > Sociology > SOC 1160 - Social Problems (Dr. Slusser)
SOC 1160 - Social problems
Table of Contents
Library Website Help
- Getting Started (video)
- This video presents an introduction to the Odum Library webpage.
- Anywhere Access
- Log in to Anywhere Access to use library resources while off-campus.
- Live Chat
- The Live Chat page brings together every possible way to contact a Reference Librarian. Contact methods include online chat, text message, email, phone, or visiting us in person during normal reference desk hours.
Search Techniques and Strategy
You will find print reference sources in both the main reference collection and the "reference alcove." Please ask the Reference Librarian on duty at the reference desk for assistance in finding materials.
Journal Article Databases
Note: The GALILEO icon indicates that the database is provided by our GALILEO subscription; no icon means it is locally purchased by VSU.
- SocINDEX with Full Text
- SocINDEX is an EBSCO database that provides access to a multitude of full-text sociology articles.
- Social Services Abstracts
- Sociological Abstracts
- For both Sociological and Social Services Abstracts, be sure to check the citation for a "Full Text Linking" link before clicking on the "Find It" button. The "Find It" button does not recognize links outside of the database to full text.
- Sociological Collection
- Sociological Collection is a ProQuest sociology database with full-text articles.
- Social Science Research Network
- SSRN is an open-access database that provides abstracts for Social Sciences eJournals that cover over 400 different Social Sciences subject areas.
Other Helpful Databases
For this project, you are only able to look in sociological databases, but for future sociology projects that include a broad base of subject material, here are some recommended library resources:
- Is an article from a peer-reviewed journal? Use Ulrich's and look for the referee's shirt!
- GIL-Find Tutorial (video)
- GIL Universal Catalog / GIL Express (guide)
- The GIL Universal Catalog allows you to search for library books across the University System of Georgia. GIL Express allows you to have those books delivered to any USG library within 2-5 days.
- WorldCat is a catalog for library holdings throughout the world. You can search for a particular book here and find detailed information about it, which you can then use for Interlibrary Loan (ILL) forms. While using this FirstSearch version of WorldCat, you can click on the "Find It" button within a record and then send WorldCat information to our ILL system automatically.
Dissertations & Theses
Citation Style Help
Please click the question mark (below) to enter the Quiz.
Howard S. Carrier, LL.M., M.S.L.S., 29th January 2013.
Ask Us (Chat Now), Tell Us about the Library website.
This document last modified
Tuesday, 29-Jan-2013 09:19:26 EST Staff