Home > Odum Library > Library Help > Subject & Course Guides > English > ENGL 1102 > Prof. Williams
ENGL 1102 (Williams)
This webpage connects you to resources to assist you in your research.
Valdosta State University's Odum Library Homepage
- Anywhere Access
- Log in to Anywhere Access to use library resources while off-campus.
- Live Chat
- The Live Chat page shows ways to contact a Reference Librarian. Contact methods include online chat, text message, email, phone, or visiting us in person during normal reference desk hours.
- Schedule a research consultation with a librarian for in-depth help
- With this online form, you may request an appointment with a reference librarian for assistance with your research. We request 48 hours' notice to allow time for scheduling.
Finding Books and Other Materials
- GIL-Find@VSU—searches for books and other materials by keyword, title, author, subject, and other fields. Our catalog also includes electronic books and journals.
- GIL-Find Tutorial (video guide)
- Classic GIL@VSU Catalog—offers advanced searching in fields such as exact titles, subject headings, locations such as Reference or 3rd Floor Shelves, etc. Also contains a tab for searching Course Reserves.
- GIL Universal Catalog—expands the Classic GIL@VSU catalog to search for and request books from all University System of Georgia libraries. GIL Express allows you to have those books delivered to any USG library within 3-6 days.
Online Reference Sources
Scholarly Articles & Peer Review
- Many databases will have a "peer reviewed" or "Scholarly (Peer Reviewed) Journals" checkbox that you can click either before or after you search - this will cut your results list down to only peer reviewed articles.
- If you don't have that option, use Ulrich's to determine if a journal is refereed (peer reviewed). Look for the referee's shirt!
Recommended Databases for finding articles about current issues
Ask Us (Chat Now), Tell Us about the Library website.
This document last modified
Thursday, 24-Jan-2013 10:04:43 EST Staff