Review of Search Strategies and Developing a Topic
Advanced options for searching for books:
- Classic GIL@VSU Catalog—offers advanced searching in fields such as exact titles, subject headings, locations such as Reference or 3rd Floor Shelves, etc. Also contains a tab for searching Course Reserves.
- GIL Universal Catalog—expands the Classic Gil@VSU catalog to search for and request books from all University System of Georgia libraries.
- GIL Universal Catalog / GIL Express (guide)—how to request books from other USG libraries.
- eBooks—the box on the left hand side of the page has links to eBooks by Netbook, ebrary, and Safari.
- WorldCat Catalog—searches multiple library catalogs from around the world to locate records for books, websites and internet resources, manuscripts, maps, computer programs, musical scores, films and slides, newspapers, journals and magazines, and sound recordings. You can also narrow a WorldCat search to locate just those items available at Odum Library.
Using InterLibrary Loan
Interlibrary Loan (ILL) allows you to request articles, books, and other materials from other libraries. You can use the ILLiad system by logging in with your BlazeView username and password to request articles that should arrive in 2-5 days, or books within 2 weeks.
You will find print reference sources for literature in both the main reference collection and the "reference alcove."
General online reference sources:
Finding Academic Articles
A reminder regarding "peer review" and using Ulrichs to confirm which journals are peer-reviewed.
A reminder about accessing Odum Library materials from off-campus via "Anywhere Access."
Specific Databases (a non-exhaustive list):
Dissertations & Theses
More Help from Odum Library