Home > Odum Library > Library Help > Subject & Course Guides > English > S.G.C.E. >Composition II > Prof. Michael Talbott
S.G.C.E. Composition II
This webpage provides you with links to library resources, to assist with your research.
Guide for South Georgia College Students @ VSU Library (this guide tells you how to check out books, access library computers, and use Odum Library electronic resources and databases).
- GIL-FIND@VSU Library Catalog—find books, videos, scores, and other items in Odum Library's catalog and easily narrow your results by format, author, language, etc.
- GIL-Find Tutorial (video guide)
- eBooks—the box on the left hand side of the page has links to eBooks by Netbook, ebrary, and Safari.
You will find print reference sources for literature in both the main reference collection and the "reference alcove."
- Gale Literary Index
- Use the Gale Literary Index to search Gale literature reference books found in the Odum Library Reference Collection. Use the library's online catalog to locate these items. An excellent source for biographical and critical essays.
General online reference sources:
Online reference sources for literature (for example, author biographies) include:
Scholarly Articles & Peer Review
- Is the article peer-reviewed? See our guide on Peer Review.
- Use Ulrich's to determine if a journal is refereed (peer reviewed). Look for the referee's shirt!
A reminder about accessing Odum Library materials from off-campus via "Anywhere Access."
MLA Style and Citation Resources
Full text E-books—These sources, which are freely available online, may also be of use to you.
More Help from Odum Library
Howard S. Carrier, LL.M., M.S.L.S., 7th February 2013.
Ask Us (Chat Now), Tell Us about the Library website.
This document last modified
Thursday, 07-Feb-2013 11:19:10 EST Staff