Home > Odum Library > Library Help > Subject & Course Guides > English > GHP Library Instruction > Mr. Carrier
GHP Library Instruction - Summer 2012
Topic: Organic & Locally Produced Foods
Valdosta State University's Odum Library Homepage
- Getting Started (video guide)
- Anywhere Access
- Log in to Anywhere Access to use library resources while off-campus.
- Live Chat
- The Live Chat page shows ways to contact a Reference Librarian. Contact methods include online chat, text message, email, phone, or visiting us in person during normal reference desk hours.
- GIL-Find@VSU—searches for books and other materials by keyword, title, author, subject, and other fields.
- eBooks—the box on the left hand side of the page has links to eBooks.
You will find print reference sources in both the main reference collection and the "reference alcove." Please ask the Reference Librarian on duty at the reference desk for assistance in finding materials.
An example of a print reference resource
Online Reference Sources
An example of an online reference resource (Gale Virtual Reference Library)
Finding Databases to search for Scholarly Articles
- Go to the library home page (www.valdosta.edu/library/).
- Click on the Articles tab, if it is not already selected.
- Click the arrow for the drop-down menu located under Articles & Databases by Subject to reach subject pages for VSU majors.
- Is it peer-reviewed? Use Ulrich's and look for the referee's shirt!
Recommended Databases for finding articles about this topic
Help with getting articles full-text or in print
Howard S. Carrier, LL.M., M.S.L.S. 17th July 2012.
Ask Us (Chat Now), Tell Us about the Library website.
This document last modified
Wednesday, 08-Aug-2012 02:11:15 EDT Staff