- Anywhere Access —Log in to Anywhere Access to use library resources while off-campus.
- Live Chat—The Live Chat page shows ways to contact a Reference Librarian. Contact methods include online chat, text message, email, phone, or visiting us in person during normal reference desk hours.
- Schedule a research consultation with a librarian for in-depth help—With this online form, you may request an appointment with a reference librarian for assistance with your research. We request 48 hours' notice to allow time for scheduling.
Review of Search Strategies and Developing a Topic
Advanced options for searching for books
- Classic GIL@VSU Catalog—offers advanced searching in fields such as exact titles and subject headings. Also contains a tab for searching Course Reserves.
- GIL Universal Catalog—expands the Classic Gil@VSU catalog to search for and request books from all University System of Georgia libraries.
- GIL Universal Catalog / GIL Express (guide)—how to request books from other USG libraries.
- eBooks—the box on the left hand side of the page has links to eBooks by Netbook, ebrary, and Safari.
- WorldCat Catalog—searches multiple library catalogs from around the world to locate records for books, websites and internet resources, manuscripts, maps, computer programs, musical scores, films and slides, newspapers, journals and magazines, and sound recordings. You can also narrow a WorldCat search to locate just those items available at Odum Library.
- GALILEO Discovery (also available by clicking the blue GALILEO button on the Odum Library homepage)
Library databases for articles about literature
Obtaining the Articles
- Using the "Find-It" Button (video tutorial)
- If you have a citation, use the black "journals" tab at the Odum Library homepage to search for the journal's title.
- Locating bound & current print journals in Odum Library
- Bound periodicals are located on the 1st floor of Odum Library.
- Current periodicals are located on the 1st floor of Odum Library. Don't forget to lift up the shelf if you are looking for previous months' issues.
- Getting Your Hands on the Articles (guide)—shows paths to getting articles in print, online full text, or by interlibrary loan request.
Additional Help with Articles
Using InterLibrary Loan
Interlibrary Loan (ILL) allows you to request articles, books, and other materials from other libraries. You can use the ILLiad system by logging in with your BlazeView username and password to request articles that should arrive in 2-5 days, or books within 2 weeks.
Useful Web sites