ENGL 1102, Prof. Ring, Spring 2013
This webpage connects you to resources to assist you in your research.
Valdosta State University's Odum Library Homepage
- Anywhere Access
- Log in to Anywhere Access to use library resources while off-campus.
- Live Chat
- The Live Chat page shows ways to contact a Reference Librarian. Contact methods include online chat, text message, email, phone, or visiting us in person during normal reference desk hours.
- Schedule a research appointment with a librarian
- With this online form, you may request an appointment with a reference librarian for assistance with your research. We request 48 hours' notice to allow time for scheduling.
Recommended Databases for finding articles about analyzing advertisements
General Databases that might be helpful for finding articles about analyzing advertisements
NOTE: You will need to login through Anywhere Access or know the GALILEO password if you are off campus.
Using Interlibrary Loan (ILL)
Interlibrary Loan allows you to request articles, books, and other materials from other libraries. You can use ILLiad, our online interlibrary loan system, to get articles in 2-5 days, or books in 2 weeks.
Other Resources and Tutorials
Finding Books and Other Materials in the Library
- GIL-Find@VSU— searches for books and other materials by keyword, title, author, subject, and other fields.
- GIL Universal Catalog— search for and request books from all University System of Georgia libraries. GIL Express allows you to have those books delivered to any USG library within 3-6 business days.
- GIL Universal Catalog / GIL Express (guide)
Online Reference Sources
Citation Style (MLA, APA, etc.) Guides
Please click the question mark (below) to enter the Quiz.