Home > Odum Library > Library Help > Subject & Course Guides > Education >EDUC 2110 (Dr. Walker)
EDUC2110 Library Research Guide
This webpage aims to connect you to resources to assist you in your research.
Valdosta State University's Odum Library Homepage
Print Reference Materials
You will find print reference sources in both the main reference collection and the "reference alcove." Please ask the Reference Librarian on duty at the reference desk for assistance in finding materials. Reference sources, both in print and online, provide authoritative background information about topics and usually list sources to consult for further research.
Online Reference Sources
Finding Databases to search for Scholarly Articles
- Go to the library home page (www.valdosta.edu/library/).
- Click on the Articles tab, if it is not already selected.
- Click the arrow for the drop menu located under Articles & Databases by Subject to reach subject pages for VSU majors. For instance, you'll find links to many databases for Education on the Education subject page.
Recommended Databases for Education
NOTE: You will need to login through Anywhere Access or know the GALILEO password if you are off campus.
Is a Journal Peer-Reviewed?
- Use Ulrich's to determine if a journal is refereed (peer reviewed). Look for the referee's shirt!
- If you have a citation, use the black "journals" tab at the Odum Library homepage to search for that title.
Help with getting articles full-text or in print
Other Skills and Resources
Howard S. Carrier LL.M., M.S.L.S., 11th June 2012.
Ask Us (Chat Now), Tell Us about the Library website.
This document last modified
Wednesday, 08-Aug-2012 02:11:15 EDT Staff