GETTING THE ELECTRONIC JOURNAL ARTICLES FULL TEXT
Even if an article isn’t available full text in the database you’re searching, it might be available electronically in another database or in an electronic journal. Once you have your list of article citations, then, beginning on the Odum Library homepage, you can easily search to see if the library has access to the journal electronically.
- From the Odum Library homepage, select the Journals tab. Enter the journal title in the search box for electronic journals.
- Note: If you are outside the library, you will first have to log in through the Anywhere Access screen, which requires your BlazeVIEW User name and password. After logging in, you can go back to the homepage and proceed as normal:
- Odum Library has electronic access to Journal of Educational Psychology through the PsycARTICLES database, but be sure to check the dates of coverage (journal title, database, and dates of coverage are all circled in red below). Since the dates of coverage are “1910 to present,” your article from “Feb. 2006, Vol. 98 Issue 1” is available full text here.
- Left click on the year 2006 to expand the list and then select “Vol. 98 Issue 1” to reach the contents of that issue of the journal.
- Scan the list of articles for your article’s title and page numbers to find result number 17, available as HTML or PDF full text, on page 2 of the result list:
You’ve found the full text electronic version of your article!