This webpage provides you with links to library resources, to assist with your research.
- Getting Started (video overview) shows you how to search for books and articles
- Anywhere Access lets you access the library's databases from home
- GIL-Find Odum Library Catalog searches for books in Odum Library
- GIL Express How-To Guide shows you how to borrow books from other Georgia universities
- Interlibrary Loan (ILL) will locate the hard-to-find books (or articles) you need
Effective literature-searching tip for business students:
Locating Relevant Articles
- Business Source Complete
- EconLit with Full Text
- Research Library (at ProQuest)
- SocINDEX with Full Text
- Sociological Collection
- Use Ulrich's to determine if a journal is refereed (peer reviewed). Look for the referee's shirt!
- If you have a citation, use the black "journals" tab at the Odum Library homepage to search for that title.
Business / Industry Resources
- LexisNexis Academic
- Hoover's Company Capsules & Profiles (at ProQuest)
- Hoover's Online
- ProQuest Newspapers
- Standard & Poor's Net Advantage
- PRARS (Public Register's Annual Report Service)
- SEC EDGAR
- North American Industry Classification System (NAICS)
- NASDAQ (use to locate tickers)
- Value Line
- The Motley Fool
Data (United States)
- U.S. Census Bureau
- American Factfinder ACS, decennial, and economic censuses
- Economic Indicators
Howard S. Carrier, LL.M, M.S.L.S., 28th August 2012.